I have rearranged my Day10 reward flowers a couple times as stems have faded. I still have about half of them The last 20 days I have tried many new treats, rewards and lifestyle changes. Some were like the flowers that are showy & vibrant for a day or two and fade quickly, while other treats are constant and need little effort.
- The flowers – they are definately not an everyday effort but they do make an ongoing treat.
- Rearranging living spaces. Took on a little much there. I love it but there are still incomplete piles to sort.
- Cooking recipes. It’s too much effort right now, even though I love cooking.
Helpful easy treats:
- Clean sheets on Sunday
- Fancy cookies & coffee for breakfast in front of the fireplace
- Reading in bed at night starting at 6:30
- Movies in the afternoon – that was a surprise. Movies and drinking at night were such a habit. No cravings in the afternoon.
- ABC food treats – (already been cooked) Take out, frozen meals, cookies from a bag.
I’m discovering the importance of getting out of my head. I’ve always done this with wine. Get all the voices in my head to shut up. The faster I shut them up the better.
Eating before I leave work so I wont come home crazy starving. I thought it was an alcohol craving but its hunger I’m feeling.
Getting to bed early with a great book. I thought it was wine craving at night but I’m starting to recognize what horrible tired symptoms I feel. I have restless leg syndrome and when I drank I didn’t have any pain. Now if I wait too long to lay down at night it’s painful.
Blogging has been a great outlet to get this crap out of my head and off my journal pages. There is something freeing in pushing “publish”.