When I stopped daily blogging at day 42 I was concerned that I might start drinking. I made it to day 45. I mean, yeah! longest time ever! But boo, cuz I messed up.
There was no time to write. Fatal error for my sobriety.
I know I battle some OLD TAPES:
- Everyone else is working overtime, I should too or they will be resentful.
- If I leave early no one will able to do my job.
- I’m not special, I shouldn’t get special treatment.
- Drinking too much is deadly. This is a health issue.
- Look at the others who are doing too much at work. Of those on overtime – ALL – have health issues from lack of self care.
- None of the others are single moms right now. I need to protect myself to raise my kids.
What I noticed by writing it out, is the old tapes are focused on what others think of me. It is also pressure I only put on myself and not truly what others think of me.
- Go to work late ( which is actually ontime but I go early) sooo later than normal and walk this morning.
- Do the 10 minute yoga session.
- Start listening to the Belle Sober Jumpstart podcasts again.
- Listen to The Bubble Hour.