I haven’t talked much in the last 2 weeks due to poor lung function. Normally I am an 100 mph type person. This crap has left me very quiet. Except for the cough, for which I am banned from sleeping upstairs with the boys. They need to sleep.
After a little pred, I am starting to talk again. Kids are not thrilled. I am back on their case about getting dishes done and other neglected chores I have let go while sick.
I have put my quiet time to good use. I have read several sober bloggers entire posts from beginning to now. So many lessons learned.
- I am not alone.
- This is hard. The hardest thing ever!!
- It is serious.
- It gets easier, but it gets harder.
- Harder ends, or transforms, or gets worse.
- Then it gets easier.
- Then harder at milestones.
- Then easier again.
- Then harder again.
- Sharing stories make tough times better (not easier).
- Blogs are love letters to ourselves.
- There will always be someone ahead of me.
- There will start to be a few behind me.
- Extreme self-care is necessary.
- Treats, rewards, humor, make it fun.