Last time I hit 30 days was 5 months ago and I made a list. Here’s some of my new list:
- I was frustrated by headaches the last two weeks. And I was last time as well, both times suspected PAWS but poo poo’d the thought. Hmmm, maybe I don’t know everything. PAWS it was.
- Had my first drinking dream. Opened it, went to take a sip, thought, “I don’t drink!” then “Hey, I don’t even like these people!” then “Good thing this is a dream cuz it’s stupid.” and woke up. Realized I slept through the night once again & remembered that it was 30 days for me & said a quick prayer of thanks.
- Did my first Friday weigh in. Lost my PMS weight, plus my 6 from traveling water weight for a total of 9 pounds. (From the weight I have been for 2 years I am down 1.5) I still get ice cream, but not the “any amount I want from the 5 gallon pail cuz I’m sober.” 🙂 Schwans single serve vanilla with fudge. One serving = moderation.
- Last time I fell apart quickly after my 30 days due to stress. I have worked on slowing my life down and feel immensely more calm than last time. This time feels like not drinking is normal versus something brand new like last time.
- Same rewards as last time. Stickers on my calendar, awesome book to read & fun movies for the weekend. This time though I will be adding some exercise to my day.
- Last time I was drinking too much coffee. I recognized it earlier this time and have settled back in to one cup.
- Calm – all I can say – is soooooo much calmer this time.
- What made the difference? knowledge – when I knew better I did better, trust – listening to the voices on the blogs, sober style – kept changing the things that didn’t work.