Thank you to all who have read my continuous litany of (use your whiny voice here) ” this is haaard!” So, throw some glitter, it’s over.
Was there a magic piece of the puzzle that finally fell into place? Did I choose the perfect rewards & treats? Exercise, eating right, hormones, blog reading? All of it? None of it?
- I know I kept trying. THAT was different. Throwing anything & everything I could think of at the tough times.
- Knowing that drinking does NOT fix NOT wanting to drink.
- My future plans were not going to happen if I drank. I really want my future plans. Life felt very hopeless when I was hungover every day.
- I looked at the things I accomplished while NOT drinking. They made me happy. I wanted more.
- Stickers. Silly, colorful star stickers every 10 days in my daily planner.
- I read LOTS of bloggers days 40-60. EVERYONE felt pressure here. I like being normal. AND the feelings of pressure, craving, crappiness ended for EVERYONE.
- Support from “the team” that it will get better.
- Woke up this morning and thought it was Monday. It’s Sunday! Bonus day off!
- Clean sheets
- Ordering flour. (I bake.)
- Homemade bagels