- If anyone is doing Headspace or SuperBetter and wants to be “friends” on those apps let me know. On my SuperBetter app one of my quests today was to use my non-dominant hand three times. I am trying to mouse on my computer left-handed. Another power-up was to sit at my computer and write rather than use my Nook.
- I had one of my busiest work weeks since April. I have had a stress and tired headache every night. I seem to struggle with thoughts of drinking harder and longer than what I am reading others are (ya, I see that I’m comparing). But I am and I have noticed this week that thoughts of drinking are still happening but I am able to push them away much, much faster. Last night I ran over to the store while comps were reimaging and stocked up with frozen dinners and a couple different NA things to drink. Still love some diet caff-free coke and also bought some Simply Limeade. I just get a glass or two and then the teens find it. It makes me feel a little less bad about drinking chemicals in a can – as we call pop in my house. I am doing very well with changing my physical responses in battling craving.
- How else do I credit pushing my drinking thoughts away faster? Meditation. In just these 10 short days of practicing, MY MIND does not want to drink after the cravings come up. I do want to check out and am able to use my physical responses, but my mental response to craving has not followed. But this week, finally, I can feel the shift. I have learned that meditation is like brushing teeth. You need to do it every day to keep the cavities away, not just on weekends or a binge of it (like flossing two days before the dentist).
- Permission. My self-care guide has really helped me see the concept of, it’s really okay to not choose PERFECT every time. Self-care is about assessing my body and deciding. Not rules to be followed or failed, as in 10 and 0. Once again, addicts and 5. I shudder at 5, a C, average, good enough. But this week – it was all about frozen dinners. I bought healthy ones, ate heavily throughout my morning and Voila – was super motivated, blood sugars stable and no cravings or anger during this super stressful week – and even a little weight loss! Instead of constantly feeling guilty about not eating homemade food, I just ate and never thought about it. What a burden lifted!
- New, short, choppy, red, haircut & color. Just really needing a change.
- Left handed mousing sucks. BUT I get to push the I DID THIS button on my Super Better app and it will give me lovely noises & praise. Actually, just thinking about the lovely praise makes me want to keep trying – oh yeah – this is brain science – and I love it!