One thing that has kept me drinking/overeating is the effort. These are the thoughts swirling in my head
- Massive effort
- You have to want it more than anything
- Must think of future rewards versus feeling good now
- Be kind to myself
- Another change
- Be vigilant
- Staying strong
- I have to care
That feels overwhelming right now. Here’s how I would like it to feel
- Quiet head
The thought of having to work on myself so I can take care of others is very unappealing. I would like someone else, who has it all figured out, to take care of me!!
If I Byron Katie those statements – Help me out here
- I like taking care of others so I take care of myself…..
- I have it all figured out so I should take care of others…..
- Taking care of myself is fun and others are annoying…
- I want to be lazy and have someone fan me and bring me bon bons…..
- Once I figure it out, I can take care of myself…..
- I enjoy working on myself and want to tell you how to do it too….
- No one can take care of me and I take care of no one……
Aaargh…. I think there is something here but it is elusive. I’m starting to wonder if I have Caretaker Burnout.