I just finished Belle’s Podcast #38 – Overwhelm. The concept that took my breathe away basically was – you are so used to pushing through the day with a hangover, you do not have to push that hard to get through the day anymore. It is too much and it is okay to not push so hard anymore.
I start back to work and the kids go back to school Monday. I think my 12 year old had a total of two showers. My 15 year old showered but put his robe back on most days. I think I wore a bra only about 3 times when I had to leave the house. It was stretch pants & sweatshirts. We were on an extreme mental health break.
I’m getting anxious how I will handle working 10 hour days again. I need to plot and plan some protection for myself.
- Do not go to grocery store after work!!! Get take out. Everyday after work I would stop in and get a bottle or box of wine. Take out cannot be more expensive than drinking. I menu plan for the week but if I stay home on my one day off amd not go to the grocery store it messes up the plan. I need to work on some emergency startegies, like sending the kids to the local grocery after school for a couple things or letting the pizza place deliver or picking up some menus and pre-deciding an emergency order. When I am hungry I make poor decisions!
- That horrible craving hour after work. Get a substitute drink. Create a new transition activity. Exercise doesn’t work well for me at that time. Kids and dog all need my attention. I did pick up a book on tape at the library. Maybe figure out how to listen to Bubble Hour on the ride home?
- Plan my treats and rewards and get them scheduled. Going out of the office for lunch with a variety of friends and places. Finding a unique place to eat my lunch out of the office. Bring a book and eat out alone. Plan a themed potluck with all the staff to give us an hour of silly. Watch a movie 30 minutes a day on the laptop with headphones, in the back room, with my coat over my head and eat popcorn, if I can’t leave the office.
- Go to bed early tonight and read
- Clip my nails short and paint them a bright energetic color
- Wash my winter coat and hang up my pretty scarves on the hooks by the door and grab a different one each day.